Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Wishes I’d Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me
It feels like forever and a day since I read Victoria Schwab’s The Archived and The Unbound and (1) I still really wish I could read the third book RIGHT NOW. Obviously after a re-read of the first two, but still. I think Ms. Schwab comes up with some of the best stories and I just really want to see the end of the series that got me hooked on her! Also, (2) I really want to have coffee and/or tea with her. Maybe it would be took much awkward for one table, but maybe not. I think our awkwards could jive pretty well.
(3) I wish I could get a stroke of genius and figure out how to end the story I started writing when I was 16. I still think about it, and the fact that I wrote it into a hole has never ceased to bother me. So basically I’d like some new ideas to come to me that revolve around the same characters!
(4) I wish I could meet J.K. Rowling. Good ol’ JK. It’s been more than 15 years (HOLY CRAP) since I read the first Harry Potter book, and I still re-read the series about once every year…? Maybe more like once every 15 months. I know I re-read HP back at the beginning of this year, right around my birthday in February, and I’m already itching to start another re-read….
(5) I wish the bookish genie could grant me some more patience with reading all the books on the list I found, “1001 books to read before you die”. I really would like to read all the books on that list, but some authors really scare me. I have such a strong dislike for The Scarlet Letter (it has persisted since high school) that I want nothing to do with Nathaniel Hawthorne. And I’ve had Les Mis sitting on my shelf for a little while now, but it just looks so dense, even for a classic. (Here’s a question: if I could read Anna Karenina with fair ease, will I be able to do the same with Les Mis?)
(6) I wish I could win a contest that awarded me with a gift certificate worth a few hundred dollars to Barnes and Noble, or a good-sized and well-stocked local bookstore. There are so many recent releases I have yet to buy and I also want to know what it feels like to buy like 20 books at once. I’ve never done it, and I really want the funds to do it!
(7) I wish I could happen across some good space-centered, living on a spaceship science-fiction that makes sense to me. I have had such a craving for this lately but I have no idea what author writes these kinds of stories that get some decent ratings on Goodreads (higher than 3.5). Some good examples of books that satisfy this craving would be the Starbound Universe series by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and the Across the Universe series by Beth Revis.
(8) I wish I could get a well-paying job working with books, either bookstore-related or publishing-related.
(9) I wish that J.K. Rowling would decide that she misses Hogwarts and decides to write about the Marauders. How could I not want that? Every Potterhead wants it, yeah?
(10) I wish to get my book-buying under control! I’ve been doing alright with an undeclared book-buying ban, but lately with all the new releases I’ve really wanted to go binge shop the books. Hi, my name is Devon and I’m a bookaholic.